Introducing GuidedSMILE CHROME - Digital, Full-Arch Guided Reconstructions
- Preplanned Bone Reduction / Osteotomy Guidance / Abutment Placement / Prosthetics
- No binding and bending of plastic - CHROME Fixation Base create utilizing SLM technology
- No more blind drilling - CHROME allows visualization of the drill as implants enter the bone
- No more lengthy conversions - GuidedSMILE conversion take just minutes to perform
- Complete confidence - digital workflow and guide expertise is delivered by ROE
GuidedSMILE was developed for dentists who desire a preplanned, predictable guided All-On-X style surgery. This amazing service delivers anchored bite verification, anchored bone reduction, anchored site drilling, accurate anchored provisionalization, and a method of transferring all surgical and restorative information for the final restorative conversion phase. Most cases simply require a CT scan and traditional records. Call to discuss your case.
The process, the product, the surgery is straightforward. ROE can help you every step along the way.
Patient Proposal – discussing options with the patient
- By showing your patients the aesthetic potential of their new smile, provided through the SmileSIM smile design software, presenting them the benefits of an All-On-X surgery becomes easier. The patient can see the final result before the process starts.
Information Gathering - generating the patient records
- ROE will work closely with you gather the necessary patient records, scans and impressions.
- ROE’s process can utilize both digital and/or traditional impression methods.
- These records to aid in the planning of the surgery all the way through the delivery of the final permanent prosthetic.
Preparing for Surgery - planning & online meeting
- ROE’s technical experts will handle all of the case planning for you. This includes pre-planned and controlled bone reduction, planning for the implant component orientation, and accurate prosthetic delivery for both the provisional and final prosthetic.
- Upon completion of planning schedule, ROE will meet with you to review the overall plan for feedback and approval.
- Upon agreement the CHROME GuidedSMILE system is manufactured to your exact standards.
Surgery – installation of the temporary and permanent prosthetics
- The CHROME GuidedSMILE system removes any potential risk from the All-On-X surgery. It explicitly shows where, what orientation and to what depth for all necessary drilling.
- This significantly reduces patient chair time, allowing for additional appointments.
- The ROE Clinical Support team are available for chair-side support on the day of surgery.
GuidedSMILE CHROME is a 4-Guide System
1 Pin guide - Utilizes teeth or tissue to deliver the Fixation Base (CR/CO SLM)
Pin Guide is fully seated on the patient's existing dentition. Once verified via the two occlusal windows, the horizontal sites are drilled and anchored. Anchor pins are fully seated, verified and the guide is removed.
Edentulous Edentulous Pin Guide is a digital duplicate of the patient's existing denture. This tissue-supported guide is used to deliver the Fixation Base. Pay careful attention to the instructions on flapping - included with each case. This is critical to a successful delivery of CHROME.
2 Fixation Pre-Reduction – A rigid guide that remains anchored throughout the surgery.
3 Fixation Base Post Reduced - Used to measure bone reduction, support the osteotomy guide and deliver the nano-ceramic provisional. It is anchored via custom Ti pins.
Once teeth are removed and tissue is flapped, the Bone Reduction Guide is inserted, anchored, and bone is levelled to the meet the labial and lingual frame of the guide. This guide floats above the bone, and therefore should not be impinged by undercut.
4 OPTIONAL - RAPID Appliance - The method of communicating GuidedSMILE to the articulator for the Final. RAPID is still available, but has been replaced by the iJIG conversion prosthetic (see CHROME Getting Started to the right)
RAPID Appliance is ROE's optional special pick-up device, a clear duplicate of the PMMA. This allows the doctor to capture a second record to hold until final conversion. Once the patient is ready for the final, perform a pick-up impression, with tray adhesive on the tissue side, using medium PVS. Send this pick-up to ROE and it will be utilized to transfer all records to the laboratory, and even to design the final.
GuidedSMILE Training Videos
These videos are not intended to teach implant placement or guided surgery. They are intended to train GuidedSMILE Chrome use only.
Maxillary Dentate w/ Hex Timing
Maxillary Dentate - Limited Space - Dr. Ed Halusic
Maxillary Full Surgery – Dr. Brent Boyse KOL
Double Arch - Edentulous / Dentate
Available Shades for PMMA
GuidedSMILE Work-Up Protocol, Documents and Links:
a. Complete our on-line Rx to provide ROE with complete case information: upload DICOM / Photograph (full face, full natural smile) as 'Documents' through this Rx web page: LINK web site portal
b. Send master casts, bite registration (CO and/or CR), and/or digital impressions, study casts – print UPS label here.
c. Send MSGA - Master Surgical Guide Agreement with first case (required to begin)
- Required - GuidedSMILE Work Authorization required for all cases (on line or White Paper)
- Optional - Esthetic & Funct'l Checklist include please if ROE is significantly changing tooth arrangement, or a new denture set-up is needed.
Step 2: Meet ROE on line for implant and guide planning (allow 5 days after receiving all materials) Link
Step 3: Sign and return the TPA Treatment Plan Report – via fax or scan and email
Step 4: Receive the GSI Surgical Information Form to order parts and review surgery – via email
Step 5: Receive guide (ROE will ship within 10 days of the signed TPA Treatment Plan Report)
Notes on preparring for and capturing the CT Scan.
If your patient is dentate, follow the above steps, and capture a CT scan with the patient opened biting on cotton rolls.
If patient is edentulous, and the existing denture fits well and the tooth arrangement is accepted, convert into a scan appliance (instructions page 6). Perform a dual scan using the protocol in our manual. If edentulous patients needs to establish tooth position and vertical, begin conventional denture steps to create a scan appliance.
We are always available to discuss your case. Call 800 228 6663 and ask for the CT Department and reference GuidedSMILE.
ROE accepts all digital impressions. Here are your options:
3Shape - must use 3Shape Communicate - ROE's email is email@example.com to open a connection
Cadent iTero - must use Cadent's portal, just search for ROE to add connection
E4D - either use the Model Export function in Romexis to export files to the desktop and upload through our portal along with your DICOM, or use DDX (not dependable)
Sirona - either export a DXD file to your desktop and upload through our portal for ROE to convert, or us Cerec Connect to upload to ROE
3M TDS - must us 3M's portal
Carestream 3500, 3600 - export .stl to desktop and upload to our portal, or use DDX (not dependable)
After years of frustration with the “All-on-X” procedure, I was about to give up on ever making this profitable for our office and a good choice for our patients. Now we finally have a predictable surgical and restorative protocol that makes perfect sense and is providing a win for our patients and for our practice. GuidedSmile is the future of the fixed hybrid denture. I am excited to be part of the group of dental professionals bringing this to the market.
Dr. Christian Yaste
Roe Dental-Lab has helped me to take my practice to a new level. Even though I’m a very skilled and experienced surgeon and restorative doctor, their technicians and their technology have helped me to provide better quality and service to my patients.
Their service is unsurpassed by any lab that I have ever used, and I have over 30 years of experience. I have used several labs and I find them to be the most helpful in most useful dental lab that I have ever used. I consider myself in conjunction with Roe Dental-Lab a total solution provider.
Andrew Kelly DDS
We have worked with many different labs in efforts to find a full-service lab to meet our office needs. We have been working with ROE Dental Lab now for a few months and have been extremely pleased with their customer service. They have worked really hard to get issues resolved quickly and always strive to deliver the best product for our patients. We appreciate that in our lab!
Dr. Tye Thompson
I have been doing guided surgical implant placement for full arch denture conversion with immediate load for many, many years. I like ROE Dental's Guided Smile as it really simplifies the implant placement and conversion process for my restorative dentist and myself. It has truly reduced the total time our patient is in our office and increased patient satisfaction.
Dr. B. S. OMFS