Turnaround time – 5 Production Days
In a world of zirconia and ceramics, gold still has its place. In fact, many agree that it is still the friendliest restoration available. This is why we use the latest technology to design our gold and source materials alloys from domestic, dependable suppliers.
One reason why dentists may consider ordering gold crowns for their patients is that gold is a highly durable and biocompatible material that can provide long-term benefits for the patient. Gold crowns have been used in dentistry for decades and have a proven track record of success, with studies showing that they can last for up to 30 years or more.
Additionally, gold is less likely to cause allergic reactions or irritate the gums and other soft tissues in the mouth, making it a good choice for patients with sensitive teeth or gums. While gold crowns may be more expensive than other types of crowns, the investment can pay off in the long run due to their durability and longevity. Ultimately, the decision to order gold crowns should be made in consultation with the patient and based on their individual needs and preferences.
Benefits of a Gold Crown
- Very strong offering good biocompatibility
- Can withstand heavy chewing forces
- Do not chip or break – if a tooth with a gold crown breaks it is typically due to a weakness in the underlying tooth structure
- Requires the least amount of tooth removal for its placement
- Causes the least amount of wear on the opposing tooth
- Though the least natural looking it is considered by some as being fashionable