A bite positioning device developed by ROE
What is a JC Try-In?
- The JC Try-In is a digitally designed and printed flipper, for lack of a better description, that is used to confirm the patient’s bite.
- When JC Try-In is used:
- a closed bite that requires opening for the procedure, usually more than the 3 mm’s recommended limitation of the articulator
- when patients present with few or no centric stops when the vertical needs to be determined and confirmed
- when the bite confirmation is needed, as well as a scan appliances – can be for both
- Records needed:
- Master casts, PVS or digital impressions and a bite registration
- Retracted photographs of the patient biting in centric, left, right, and straight on please
- How to use:
- Seat the JC Try-In(s). Adjust as needed for full seating. Then equillibrate until the bite is perfect. Then capture a new bite and return the case to ROE. We will re-articulate and move forth with with this new position.