Traditional Partial Dentures
ROE SLM Partial Denture Design and Fabrication – a lost art, or an emerging breakthrough of technology? We say the latter!
Gone are the days of investing and casting chrome/cobalt partial dentures! The unpredictability of hand-waxing, stick-on wax-patterns, resin printing, and casting is over. Today, at ROE, the number of internal and external remakes has plunged due to the introduction of Selective Laser Melting (SLM), a purely digital workflow that produces excellent fitting partials. This is great news for our customers and their patients. This is the reason you have noticed increase success with partial castings.
FDA cleared SLM partials are the highest standard of CR/CO partial frames. Clinical trials conducted by the faculties at McGill University, QC, Canada and the University of Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil concluded that SLM partials reduced the number of problems reported by patients by 50%. This includes cleansability, tissue irritation, and stability. The study also concluded that seating times were much quicker due to reduced adjustment and overall fit. It was also concluded that speech was less affected due to better designs and overall improved function. Partial dentures are available from ROE for both conventional and now digital impressions. If you can scan it, we can make it!
Digital cases are computer-surveyed and blocked-out. The resin prototype that is printed can be tried in for evaluation. If you send us a photograph of your patient we can input it into the software and give you a preview of how the clasps will look. This is all incredibly exciting! And, a variety of hidden, tooth-colored and clear clasp designs are available.
Review our Partial Denture Offerings
- D5211 – maxillary partial denture – resin base (includes retentive/clasping materials, rests and teeth)
- D5212 – mandibular partial denture – resin base (includes retentive/clasping materials, rests and teeth)
- D5213 – maxillary partial denture – cast metal frame with resin denture bases (includes any clasps, rests and teeth)
- D5214 – mandibular partial denture – cast metal frame with resin denture bases (includes any clasps, rests and teeth)
- For a complete list of ADA codes click here