Smile Simulation by PreVu
The number one reason patients choose cosmetic dentistry is to make themselves more physically attractive. Therefore, the way to get more patients interested in cosmetic treatments and increasing your case acceptance rate is to show them how their appearance will be enhanced at the outcome of the treatment.
Upload the before images into your ROE online account, and we will create a before and after that you can share with your patient in order to get them motiavated into accepting, scheduling and completing the recommended cosmetic treatment.
Smile Simulation Photo’s – Key Points
- You don’t need to use an expensive camera – with the right lighting your cellphone camera would suffice.
- Don’t take just a photo – take a flattering photo.
- Only take a full face photo.
- Don’t use lip retractors.
- Take the photo from approx. 3-5 feet away. Create a straight line directly from the camera to the patients face. Zoom in to frame the head and focus on the teeth.
- Both the camera and the patient’s head should be level, with the patient looking directly at the camera.
- Encourage the patient to show a big, natural smile – not a forced smile trying to show as many teeth as possible.
- Teeth can be apart or together, but if the patient has a gummy smile its best to take the photo with his/her teeth apart.
- Snap several photos and then use the one that is free from shadows and is not too dark/bright.