LVI Neuromuscular Orthotics
Turnaround time – 4 Production Days
At ROE we offer numerous occlusal splint designs for the various dental disciplines. Many of our clients have specific preferences for the fabrication of the appliance. However, if no specific instructions are provided, bruxism splints are flat-plane with point cusp contact and 3mm labial coverage. TMJ appliances are fabricated with posterior cusp contact, 3mm of labial coverage and cuspid disclusion. Please print the custom work authorization on the left for your case.
Our neuromuscular trained technicians have the privilege of working with many dentists throughout the country, treatment planning and fabricating restorations to LVI specifications.
LVI Orthotic – shown with tooth-colored occlusals. All orthotics are created with the lvocap BPS injection process to ensure a dense long-lasting appliance. As with all our removables, orthotics are returned on the master model for pre-seating verification of fit. Please download our preprinted work authorization form for your convenience.
- Acrylic covers 2mm incisal edge
- No anterior guidance
- Anatomical posterior occlusion and occlusal tooth form with precise holding cusp occlusal contacts
- Lingual wire reinforcement
In the event you run into a compromised case here are some alternative materials and designs that may be helpful.
- Cast Metal – Where interocclusal space is limited, chrome/cobalt, wironium or yellow gold provides long term strength and stability.
- Cast Thermoplastics – Flexite MP 520 offers increased strength with minimal thickness. Flexite is non-allergenic and more durable than conventional acrylic.
- Tooth Shaded Acrylic – A tooth-colored occlusal surface blends well in the oral environment. It also makes indicating marks much more visible during micro-occlusal adjustment.
- Denture Teeth – Denture teeth can be placed in edentulous areas of splints for a more esthetic and functional appliance.