Digital Denture Workflow Webinar
CEU: 1 Time: 12:30pm – 1:30pm
Location: Zoom Webinar
Speaker: Dr. Frank Lauciello
This is a brief program to present the essential information that a clinician who is interested in transitioning to digital dentures must have. The discussion will be clear and to the point and provide sufficient step by step procedural information that will allow the clinician to immediately participate in this process. Proper communication to the laboratory design technician is critical and will be emphasized in this program.
Topics to be discussed:
- Technical and clinical advantages of digital denture technology.
- Discussion of common clinical workflows that transition to digital dentures design and fabrication.
- Methods of communication and forms will be discussed with each workflow.
- Emphasis on the clinical try-in since this appointment will be the most challenging workflow transition for the clinician.
- Tooth mould selection for digital dentures, what is common and what is different.
- Manufacturing options for the fabrication of milled dentures using the Ivotion denture system from Ivoclar.
Speaker Bio: Dr. Frank Lauciello
Dr. Frank Lauciello graduated from the State University of New York at Buffalo (SUNY), School of Dental Medicine in 1969 and completed his Prosthodontic training at the Buffalo VA Medical Center. He is a Clinical Associate Professor in the Restorative Department at SUNY at Buffalo and was director of the Veterans Administration Advanced Prosthodontic Program from 1973-1998 and Chief of the Dental Service from 1996-1998. He is presently Director of Removable Prosthodontics Research, Development, & Education for Ivoclar Vivadent, Amherst, NY and Director of the Implant Esthetic Center of Excellence in Sarasota, Florida.
Dr. Lauciello is a Diplomat of the American Board of Prosthodontics and has authored 25+ articles including several chapters of textbooks. He is actively involved in dental research and new product development.